Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Yet another sci fi tunnel

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
maxivz interpolator
After seing the tunnel from the last recap i decided that it could be a good practice for me to make my own version of it. So i started working on it this week, here it is what i have so far i want to push it as much as i can and critics on this will be amaizing, i am still trying to figure out the lightng, i want it to have a clear feeling to it but i think it has too much white atm.
2eye780.jpg

Replies

• North
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    North polycounter lvl 7
    kinda looks like an apple store right now
  • maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    I have been updating the light of the scene, once gain, facing ugly shadows even when i have made uniqe uvs following the tips from some tutorials
    2ijpxrt.jpg
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    plese crop your images for us too see, we dont need your windows 7 interface :)

looking good btw
  • maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Heres an update, still trying to make it look better, any recomendations? Critics are highly appreciable :)
    24yzo82.jpg
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what do you intend to portrait with this scene? if you want claustrophobic feeling, then its not quite there yet

and if you intend to use these arches, then i can probably recommend to add some divisions too them, they are too angular now and it draws attention to them

please resize your pictures :)
  • maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    I was aiming for a really high tech feel with a very clean feel to it. I will subdivide the arches and post another pic, what resolution do you recomend?
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dont worry about resolution, its my browser just cant load thumbnails properly sometimes:)

and if you want clean look, then you surely dont want any very visible edges on your arches or whatever
  • sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    Right now things are looking too flat, white, and empty. There is nothing in the scene that really draws the eye. SuperFranky is right about the jagged edges you have on your arches - they're very distracting. You might want to add some geo to them to smooth things out.

You also might want to take a look at some sci fi concepts - floor panels especially usually have a lot more going on in them. More divisions/patterns on each tile, maybe some mesh grating or floor lights or maybe even some sci fi decals on the floors and walls to add more to the scene.

You could maybe add some wall/ceiling tubing to make some intersecting forms on those arches that lead the eye to the door. The door is a little bit plain, maybe add a logo of what the door leads too, like "Level 02" or "Docking Bay" or something. :)

I know you're going for clean sci fi but don't be afraid of color. You could really use some in this scene. Maybe bump up the saturation of that blue and add more blue design elements on the floor and/or ceiling. You could have some fun with the obligatory sci fi holographic computer screen floating on that computer panel you have on the left with a map of the ship or something, just little elements to make it interesting and keep the viewer from getting bored.

You'll also need to play with your lighting, it's looking a little washed out right now. There doesn't seem to be any shadows anywhere which I think is what's making it look flat.

Good work so far though, keep the updates comin'.