Home General Discussion

Applying to companies Question

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
tehrobster2 polycounter lvl 11
Hey guys I seen BioFrost post this question on google plus, and I did not see it get answered, So I thought I would ask it here. When Applying to companies through an email, What should go into an email as far as text when you are sending your Resume and portfolio to a company ?

Replies

• Grimmstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grimmstrom polycounter lvl 7
    Best thing to do is search google for more information about cover notes as most people class the initial email as their cover note, in the past I've always gone for the following format:

Paragraph 1: Introduction: Start by stating what job you are interested in applying for and where you came across it

Paragraph 2: About you: This paragraph you should talk about your current status, i.e where your currently positioned, how much experience you've had. Possibly talk about why you want to leave your current position

Paragraph 3: Why your right for the job: This paragraph should focus on why your good for the job your applying for. Talk about what skills you can bring to the team etc

Paragraph 4: Your resume and portfolio: This paragraph should be quite short. Just quickly state how you've attached your portfolio or where the employer can view it online

Paragraph 5: Ending: This paragraph is a good time to end your cover note. Mention that if they require any more information, do not hesitate to get in touch. Also end it with something like 'I hope to hear from you soon"'

Final piece of advice is lay it out like a formal letter, i.e make sure you say Dear sir / madam if you don't know who your sending it too, and end it with something like 'Kind Regards'