Pokemon Snap HD

Replies

• Shendoo
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 115 Replies
  • chrisundrum
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 88 Replies
    Ha! Threw him in UDK with my pokeball just for kicks and giggles!

sLNkr.jpg

UPDATE*
    Also, I would like to clarify that the scene that Blastoise is not mine. It's the UDK Foliage Showcase. All assets other than blastoise and the pokeball are property of Epic Games.
  • JamesWild
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 652 Replies
    Does he have a specular map yet? I imagine being a water Pok
  • superdenny707
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 116 Replies
    what brushes did you use in Zbrush to do the shell?
  • leleuxart
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 911 Replies
    Nice job! He looks pretty cool in UDK :)
  • Scizz
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 417 Replies
    Hey, nice job dude! If possible, can you post how you unwrapped the pokeball? I tried making a pokemon environment a while back and got a bunch of weird seems and normal map issues with it. :D
  • MrNinjutsu
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 525 Replies
    Aaand front page of reddit.

Nice work dude. Loving the textures. Although not too sure on it being in a realistic setting.
  • Skillmister
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 888 Replies
    #1 spot on reddit front page, congrats :p Now make a few more!
  • cholden
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 3.4K Replies
    Awesome, I sent this guy around to some folks yesterday. Who knew it'd blow up. Anyways, love the face.
  • chrisundrum
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 88 Replies
    @Ged: Thanks Ged! I know right? Sooooo much money would come out of my pocket for that game....

@Shendoo: Thanks man!

@JamesWild: Hey James, He does have a spec, but one that I cranked out in like 10 min. Right now I am working on a base for him and I will spend some good time on getting it right. He's my favorite so I want to do him justice! And you're right his cannons would have a higher spec.

@Superdenny: I pretty much used Orbs crack brush for the shell pieces and outline. Then used clay tubes with for some little divots and then cleaned up with either Trim Dynamics or Hpolish.

@leleuxart: Thanks man. It's even better tumblin' around it and walking around ;)Hope to do an environment with some buddies so that we can have other people walk around and enjoy.

@Scizz: Sure thing man. Now its not what you probably want to do but I really wanted to see it in. But I tried some other ways but I thought that the best place to put the seam was where it was all black. So you couldn't go wrong.
    e1Fsp.png?1

@Mr.Ninjustusu: O_____O wow that's pretty crazy ha. thanks man.

@Skillmister: Thanks man. I'm glad my love for art and the realization of pokemon in 3d can be shared with many... one day...one day we call can run around and capture pokemon. I plan on making a couple more. I think Hitmonchan might be next or Kabutops!

@cholden: Thanks man, I'm pretty flattered! Also Joe Bird says "Heeyyyy"
  • zoidy
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 9 Replies
    I got here after seeing this posted on Reddit, and was blown away. Seriously, that one screenshot in UDK is every Pokemon fan's wet dream.. You know, if you get a bit of free time, a few more screenshots would probably go down pretty well on the internets. ;)

I LOVE the textures, reminds me of some old Pokemon figures with a sort of soft, rubbery finish (can't find any decent images though..). The style really would be perfect for an open-world, 3D Pokemon game.
  • Skamberin
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.6K Replies
    Grats on the frontpage! Awesome looking stuff, if there is one tiny nitpicky thing I can point out it's that the eyes look rather bland, lightwise. This is probably because they don't have their own material ID or are a separate part of the same mesh (like eyeballs). If you could select the polies that make up the eyes and give them a separate mat ID to improve the material and thus the shine of them it might make the character feel more alive. Heck going all the way and giving him eyeballs to move around might be even better, let you experiment with some light facial expressions and such.

Same could maybe be done with the cannons, so you could experiment a bit with having a different specular setting or a cubemap for just those or something. IN ANYCASE; absolutely love the model and the textures :) Awesome job
  • Minos
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 883 Replies
  • Jessica Dinh
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.7K Replies
    omg pokemon YESSS!!! i'd love to see some more :):)
  • Stoop_Kid
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 207 Replies
    ...Awesome. :D Can't wait to see more! I love his texture. So sweet. :)
  • Psygohn
    Amazing, the face especially -- really clean.

Well done!
  • chrisundrum
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 88 Replies
    Just a little quick treat before get to all of your comments :D

xIdhg.jpg?2
  • chrisundrum
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 88 Replies
    @Zoidy: Yea, It was pretty wild how big it blew up on Reddit!. I'm glad that I could somewhat bring my dream and other players dreams into reality. I plan on doing more screenshots pretty soon. So don't worry. And thanks for the texture compliments :D

@Skamberin: Nitpick away my friend, I am here to learn! The eyes do look rather bland :/ I have some things in mind for it, one being what you said , but it has a separate mat ID. I have a lot to do on the back of the cannons for sure, but right now I have to continue some more stuff but I plan on doing more stuff.

@Minos: Thanks man :D

@Jessica Dinh: There will be both more screenshots of him in jungle goodness, also he is rigged :D and I plan on doing Marowak next.

@Stoop_kid: Thanks man!

@Psygohn: Thanks a bunch!

Ok so here is the base that I churned out today. Would really like to do more with it, and still deciding whether to use it all but here we go.

Ybce9.jpg

ALSO!!! WHAT POKEMON WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE DONE AFTER MAROWAK!! LET ME KNOW AND THE MOST OF ANY POKEMON IDEA I WILL DO!!
  • nathanbarrett
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 198 Replies
    ARCANINE!
  • Fude
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! No seriously, someone make a RPG. Please. 150 Models and MAKE IT NOW. I will pay all the money.
  • jimmypopali
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 547 Replies
    What's the giant whale one? That one.
  • Two Listen
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.4K Replies
    Looks awesome dude, I'm glad you went and did a bit more work on the diffuse, his ears were really bothering me on the first page but you cleaned it up nicely. Water on the base works really well, too. :thumbup:
  • jaydon
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 106 Replies
    If i was voting favourites i'd absolutely love to say GYARADOS DO A GOD DAMN GYARADOS!

But i think if you did a Venasaur and Charizard you could make some amazing mock up game covers and posters and what not :)
  • superdenny707
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 116 Replies
    What's the giant whale one? That one.

That one's Wailord. But I agree with Gyarados. That would be sick.
  • vvheris
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 93 Replies
    Would like to see how you would handle mewtwo.
  • Facepalm Ranger
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 34 Replies
    Dude...Hitmonlee and if you have time hitmonchan....fighting!
  • SirCalalot
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 869 Replies
    This is getting more and more epic by the day :D

I love the water used on the base, but part of me thinks it may have more impact with some nice transparency and distortion effects if it was to be used in a full environment.

Clear water works well in Skyward Sword and looks beautiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR8KxhpVINs&feature=youtu.be&hd=1&t=3m32s

But then, I'm a sucker for water effects :P
    Keep up the awesome!
  • SaferDan
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 832 Replies
    +1 for Venusaur!

It looks awesome man!
  • rb2610
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 20 Replies
    Geodude!!!
  • Lephenix
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 288 Replies
    Instead of asking him to make the pokemon you want, why not try to make it and probably a polycount members collab, each member would model the pokemon of their choice? Maybe an idea for next polycount contest ;).
    Anyway, i really like it, really nice job. And i love the UDK shot.

EDIT: I vote for Mewtwo.
    EDIT2: I found a list for ideas (Wrong names though):
    pokemon-names-full.jpg