Home Technical Talk

Maya huge screenshot realtime shader.

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
So basically I am using a realtime shader, the lcNextGenShader.

Now I want to take some presentation shots of my finished model inside of maya using this shader. Since its a character I need more vertical space, which is not possible with (standard) monitors. I could rotate my screen 90 degrees for larger screenshot, but having a proper way of doing this would be nicer.

Since this is a realtime shader, (afaik) it is not possible to simply render out a larger image.

So does anyone know of a method to capture larger screenshots in maya, or some script that does this?

Thanks. =]

Replies

• fade1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fade1 polycounter lvl 14
    just use "Maya Hardware" as renderer and you're fine. Don't forget to set the right resolution and maybe check the settings of your cam, so you see what you render.(display film gate, overscan, etc..)
  • esquire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rotate your model and base 90 degrees or rotate your camera 90 degrees so your model is essentially laying across your screen horizontally. press ctrl + spacebar and then take your screen shots?

Then rotate them back to vertical in photoshop and clean them up/add presentation material (name, tri count whatever)

should be able to get a (roughly) 1080p screen cap if you have at least a 22" monitor I believe?
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    fade1 wrote: »
    just use "Maya Hardware" as renderer and you're fine. Don't forget to set the right resolution and maybe check the settings of your cam, so you see what you render.(display film gate, overscan, etc..)

Doesnt seem to work with this realtime shader. Already tried that.

esquire wrote: »
    rotate your model and base 90 degrees or rotate your camera 90 degrees so your model is essentially laying across your screen horizontally. press ctrl + spacebar and then take your screen shots?

Then rotate them back to vertical in photoshop and clean them up/add presentation material (name, tri count whatever)

should be able to get a (roughly) 1080p screen cap if you have at least a 22" monitor I believe?

ctrl+space.. I never knew about this.. thanks.
    Yeah I have been rotating stuff like that in the past.. its a bit of a pain int he ass though.. oh well. thanks guys.
  • fade1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fade1 polycounter lvl 14
    bb0x wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to work with this realtime shader. Already tried that.

oops. sorry, i didn't test this. indeed, hlsl shaders don't seem to render. strange. cgfx shaders work fine...
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    If you feel up to it, Max can go uber high res on viewportshaders with GrabViewport 2.5...
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    As Fade1 said, Maya Hardware render does the same. Just render with 16 AA and whatever resolution u want. Should look really good.