Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP]Medieval Bender

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Texelion polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys,

I have to do a robot for school, which has to be "playable" in realtime ( moving forward, rotating, shooting ), with realtime constraints coded in LUA.

Romy wanted a Bender bot, so I did a concept of Medieval Bender ( because the original one is too "easy" ^^ ).

Here it is :

robobender01.jpg

It's not finished yet, I'm asking for comments and idea. He needs to have a weapon too, I thought to a laser-lance ( jousting spear ), but I prefer something more... stupid.

I you have any ref or idea, they are welcome ^^.

Replies

• Mask_Salesman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Lol that title is so misleading, still it could have been pretty interesting ha

Take alook at how medieval armor actually knits together around joints and moving parts, atm yours still looks like its arm, legs are mysteriously stuck together sci-fi fashion.
  • Texelion
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    So, you came here to see the "other bender" ? XD

No it's Bender from Futurama of course. Here is the original one :

Futurama_Returns_-_Bender%27s_Game.jpg

robobender03.jpg

robobender02.jpg

And a quick update.

I don't think I need to worry about "realism" as it's a cartoon character. In Futurama they just don't care.

For the weapon I thought to a beer bottle shaped canon located in his chest, which can be opened, and shoot a laser beam... and when shooting he will say : "Kiss my shiny metal ass !". ^^
  • WarrenM
    This could turn out amazing, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
  • Bombshell
    Offline / Send Message
    Bombshell polycounter lvl 10
    all I have to say about this bar "ITS AMAZING!" is make the thing with his eyes in a bit smaller (the eyes for bender are usually quite snug in there where in your concept theres a bit of rolling space) and make the legs a bit longer and thicker, benders arms and legs are of the same thickness but in your concept the legs are fairly thin in comparison.

also ITS AMAZING!