Home General Discussion

Fortnite screens from ComicCon

Replies

• Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Looks great!
    Nice colors, slim Necks and even slim bodys, not what i used to by Epic. ;)
    I thought it would run in Unreal Engine 3, not really the best kind of style to show off what Unreal Engine 4 is capable of.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    AHHHH THAT LOOKS SO COOL.

Moving to top of my anticipated games list, right behind the Last Guardian.
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    I can't wait! And I love it even more because it's so different from epics previous games art-wise.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    Davision3D wrote: »
    Looks great!
    I thought it would run in Unreal Engine 3, not really the best kind of style to show off what Unreal Engine 4 is capable of.

It's interesting because I agree with you a 100% but then in a way maybe it's genius of them to show something that really shakes the stigma of an unreal engine game. The general gaming community tends to put unreal game and dull grey shooter side by side and this is really a departure from that. who knows!
  • Parkar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parkar polycounter lvl 18
    Considering from what we know a large part of the game is building and improving structures. If this is a dynamic as I hope it is it makes perfect sense as ue4 is much better at handling that render wise.

As I assumed this was going to be ue3 I was a bit skeptical about the building part as it would be quiet hard to make it as expansive as I hoped for and still look nice. The dynamically placed stuff would stand out a lot if the levels used static light maps.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    PC Exclusive! Hurray!
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Awsum style but its another zombie game, I Am Disappoint. I do like the minecraft self-built tower defense. But still we have alot of zombie games.... :/
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    PC Exclusive! Hurray!

PC is the main platform, they haven't figured out if it will be an exclusive yet.

Looks great!

A world with a day and night cycle and dynamic building and bright stylized environments sounds like a perfect way to pimp unreal 4. We already know it'll have the next gritty gears of war style shooter, I think it's awesome they did something different.
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    The art style looks frickin' awesome. The gameplay looks to be pretty cool too with the custom fort building.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Love this art style!
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Rion411 wrote: »
    The art style looks frickin' awesome. The gameplay looks to be pretty cool too with the custom fort building.

What's fancier to me, if it's still like they described it at E3, is that you blow up buildings and scavenge parts from the wreckage to build your fort from rather than just selecting parts from a menu to use.
  • dregoloth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great!

The style choice is actually really good. My understanding is that the engine still needs heavy optimisation, so going with a nice, clean art style will allow them to demonstrate the tech without killing every graphics card that isn't a 680. Aslo- it looks nice.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    So glad to see Epic pushing such a different art style (and a great one at that). Gameplay sounds like it should be great too from the little we've heard so far. A few friends and myself used to do a similar thing in Left 4 Dead with custom scripts: spend about an hour spawning items and building forts then unleash the zombies, great fun.