Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fatih "bb0x" Gurdal Portfolio

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
CharacterThumbs.png

Hey guys.. "just" updated my portfolio, wondering what people round here think about it.
I know there are some issues:
- First page being a "blog" and not my art.
- The wideness of the design of the website. .. it isnt wide at all.
- Too much scrolling. Too many thumbnails probably. Though I like to have a preview myself.. what do others think?

Since I had hired a dude a year or 2 ago to code a wordpress theme for me.. I have no idea how to change stuff to it. I tried changing so html/css code, but my knowledge on that is limited. I did manage to make the website wider but it wasnt centered anymore.

Aaaanyway

http://www.bb0x.com

Please let me know what you think, especially content wise

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    The bright pink at the bottom is a bit too distracting and the logo image with spray cans at the top seems badly cut out or just doesnt work well with firefox? not a great first impression. Content wise I think you could present your work a bit better, better lighting and camera angles could do wonders, the fov on some of those characters seems really wierd (like maybe its waaay to high and its distorting thier head to look like a long egg)
  • Daelus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know you listed it already, but one comment I'd make is that I think there's a bit too much on there. Not just thumbnails, but content in general. It seems a bit like "throw everything and see what sticks". Some of the work really isn't up to the par set by many of the other pieces. The weapons look great to me, but on the characters look like the specular channel needs a bit of love. The Ogre's rim lighting is just kinda weird; 360 degrees of rim lighting? Also, I think some of the shots look like they were done with a strange field of view, bit of a fish-eye thing going on.

Biggest recommendation I've got is to start culling viciously. You've got a large body of work, just pick the best pieces. Anyway, good luck!
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Ged- think you could upload a screenshot of how it displays in your browser?
    Also its the default viewport camera of Unity.. I do not know if it is possible to change the settings of the viewport camera. I needed it to be viewport, not the game camera so I have a wireframe over the model. Might need to find some other method if I cant get that to work.

Daelus-
    Not really rimlighting more like fresnel.. but overdone. trying to get a skinlike look without a skinshader can be tricky.. so I used a few tricks which included fresnel to make ot look kind of fuzzy. But yeah it was rushed and thus overdone. Oh also.. could you tell me what is bothering you with the specular maps?

I am about to wrap up another Character. When I am done with that I think its time to do a redesign. K.I.S.S.
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys.
    So obviously the current site design isn't working in my favour so I am redesigning it.
    I did some research, checking out other peoples portfolio's. I really liked the simplicity of Hazardous' and Anuxinamoon's portfolios, so I based my new design off of theirs.

Not trying to copy it 1 on 1 as I had some ideas of my own that I wanted to implement.

Curious to what you guys think of it. Keep in mind though that this is a work in progress still so there isn't much content up.

http://www.bb0x.com/New/index.html
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really like the layout of this 100x better then the previous. Once your work fills those empty spaces it'll be great. Im assuming your resume/cv button will be useable later :D

The only thing i would suggest is working on your proportions a little more :)
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah... =P still WIP.

It should be clickable on the character page though.

thanks for the feedback =]