Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bohrok Invasion: Po-Koro Project

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
specsowl polycounter lvl 6
**MOST RECENT: Animation Preview**

I've been working on a project for the past two weeks or so by re-creating the old Bionicle flash episodes in Unreal.
Here is what I'm working on:
http://youtu.be/Y5WWNR-L7AM?hd=1&t=25m38s

So far I am taking a 2 day break, but after looking at some posts on Polycount, I feel like I need to go over and redo a lot of things before I continue. I was wondering if I could get some critiques.

I have a WIP blog here: http://ryanchapmanart.blogspot.com where I've been posting all of my progress from start to finish.

Here are some images and thanks for looking at it!

zJVoV.jpg
FwRik.jpg
bIzF4.jpg
HTI05.jpg
Zbxc5.jpg

These aren't all of the pictures and some things have changed. I'll be updating my blog as well as this thread as I make progress. Keep in mind that I have little to no experience and self taught myself rigging (somewhat) in the course of a few days from tutorials. So my process is a little rough.

Replies

• Tidus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would continue by matching all the colours and textures. The houses need to have the same colour as the ground, as adobe is part made of sand, for example. The mix of aztec style and the desert sand seems to work great too!
  • specsowl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I was having a problem with the houses because they were a bit orangey in the video. However, I'll probably change it (and texture it better because the cracks look terrible).
  • specsowl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so I finished the environment for Po-Koro, or at least what I can do with it now. I'm sure I'll get back to it after the scene is finished and tweak but until then, I'm going to start animations.

Now I'm not entirely animation saavy considering I haven't taken any courses for 3D animation and my Traditional animation class was somewhat of a flop, but I apparently did learn something.

ANIMATION TEST

Shows a little bit of the finished village too! If anyone happens to be interested in voices, you can contact me if you'd like. I would really appreciate it :)