Home Technical Talk

Reset mudbox camera?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
I seem to have accidentally altered the my mudbox camera so that my model is always tilted down at an angle. I think it may have happened by holding ctrl + alt together and tilting it weirdly. Is there a way to make the camera go back to the default orientation? I tried making a new camera but it still keeps the awkward tilt to it.

Replies

• gavku
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Go into object list, select your camera, scroll down and click reset.
  • Macattackk
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    Nope, that just re-centers it on my sculpt. I think my file is messed up and i just gotta deal with it. creating a new camera should solve the problem...

When I create a new camera, it puts it in the middle of my sculpt and doesnt let me zoom or track even though they arent locked. When I click reset on the new camera, it keeps the same messed up rotation orientation on my model. I feel like this is some kind of bug. I might try reimporting the sculpt to a new file.

edit: I reimported and its still messed up. It's as if I rotated the model but I never did, I've just been sculpting on it.

edit2: yep its rotated... dont know how that happened
  • oglu
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    click the home icon on the view cube...
  • Inhert
    Offline / Send Message
    Inhert polycounter lvl 9
    Go to Object List > Perspective Camera > 2D Transform > 2D Angle should be zero.

I had this problem last night and this is how I solved it.