Emil Mujanovic wrote: »
This is super dope, Fletcher.
One thing that has always bothered me about this model is the face. Some of the stuff is just personal preference, but some of it just looks inaccurate.
Here's a quick liquify paintover:
Description of what was adjusted and why:
- I pulled in the shape of the head overall so it wasn't as wide (this is just a personal choice).
- I widened the base of the nose a little to give it some more mass and form (this too is a personal choice, but it creates more visual interest and contrast in the face).
- I adjusted the shape and size of the eyes. They felt too big and cross-eyed and the shape seemed somewhat inaccurate.
- I widened the bridge of the nose/brow line a touch to soften the transition as I felt it was a little too narrow and harsh.
- I lowered and re-shaped the eyebrows a touch (personal preference).
- I also adjusted the bottom eyelid, I pulled it up a little at the inner corners so it follows the lower tarsal plate of the eyelid.
- I slightly widened the lips/mouth just to bring it more in line with the scaled nose (also a personal choice).
Overall, great work on the texturing, materials, lighting and composition. Really impressive and inspirational, mate. It's always a pleasure seeing work from you.