Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Photoshop CS6 scripts

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
devingeesr polycounter lvl 13
Hi all I have a question how do I get scripts to show up in the Photoshop script menu?

Also how do I get the xnormal plugins to show up as well?

Replies

• jogshy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jogshy polycounter lvl 17
    xN installs the filters automatically for you in the Filters->xnormal menu.
    About the scripts, I'm not sure... what I do is to record a macro, save it and use it. You can edit it to see the commands... but I don't know how to show/put then in the scripts menu, sorry.
  • devingeesr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I installed xnormal after i installed cs6 and it didn't show up in my filters section so I uninstalled it and re insatlled it and still nothing.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stupid question, but did you restart Photoshop? It only reads new scripts/filters at startup time.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    I seem to remember having to manually copy them around..? Here's my path with xNormal's 8BF files: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins
  • jogshy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jogshy polycounter lvl 17
    devingeesr wrote: »
    I installed xnormal after i installed cs6 and it didn't show up in my filters section so I uninstalled it and re insatlled it and still nothing.
    xn 3.17.13 was only compatible with early CS6's betas. The next release will fix compatibility with the retail version.
  • devingeesr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks all!
    jogshy- I though the most recent one was compatible with cs6. I'll check again.

Eric Chadcik- Yeah I restarted Photoshop, I even restarted my system and still nothing. There is never a stupid question you'll be surprised how many times some as simple as that can fix the issue.

cptSwing- Where are the 8BF files located in xnormal folder?
  • Fingus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus polycounter lvl 11
    I just copied 8BF files from my CS5 folder and all the filters work fine. You gotta put them in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Filters