Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

High Poly modeling practice: Magpul PDR

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
CyberGameArts polycounter lvl 7
Hey everybody!

This is my first High Poly gun I made. I am still very new to this whole CG stuff so might (and I am sure you will) see some noob mistakes :P I really liked this gun in Battlefield and since me and my friends are making this little indie game I decided to make it. :D

20120619084110.png

20120618173404.png

20120618173238.png

Replies

• TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    Hey there, people might not be too familiar with this gun, i know im not, do you have some reference pics. At first glance some of the edges look too sharp on the handle areas.
  • CyberGameArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ wrote: »
    Hey there, people might not be too familiar with this gun, i know im not, do you have some reference pics. At first glance some of the edges look too sharp on the handle areas.

Sure!
    20120619091825.jpg

20120619091942.png

20120619092025.jpg
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Definitely an interesting looking gun!

I agree that some of your edges are way too sharp, in the reference pictures the areas around the front handle and the grip are a lot softer. Conversely, the curvature on the rear handle thing behind the grip is a little too soft in your model. There are also a few bits and bobs missing yet, but I'm sure you're aware of that..
    Over all your renders make it kind of hard to make out more detail - very good first effort though, if you're new to modeling!
  • CyberGameArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing wrote: »
    Definitely an interesting looking gun!

I agree that some of your edges are way too sharp, in the reference pictures the areas around the front handle and the grip are a lot softer. Conversely, the curvature on the rear handle thing behind the grip is a little too soft in your model. There are also a few bits and bobs missing yet, but I'm sure you're aware of that..
    Over all your renders make it kind of hard to make out more detail - very good first effort though, if you're new to modeling!

Thank you very much for your feedback, it helped me a lot! :)
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11