Home Unreal Engine

Decals problems

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
underfox polycounter lvl 7
i have a little problem with a decal i created.

rendu7.jpg
here is the material it self, maybe it can helps your find out the problem.

rendu6.jpg

Basicaly, my decal is acting as if it has an emissive, i placed it under a tree with shadow covering the decal but it is still looking really bright. any idea what is this happening?

you can't see it in the picture, but i am using a " blend trasluscent " mode because it was the only way i could manage to have a good looking " alpha " the rest of the blend mode kinda " mess the alpha, ignoring any kind of degrade.

blend mode : transluscent ( the desired effect )

testbh.jpg

Blend mode : masked

test2hz.jpg

Any help would be greetly appreciated.

Replies

• HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
    Umm should have read through this one :)
    http://udkc.info/index.php?title=Tutorials:Decals

hope it helps
  • Xendance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xendance polycounter lvl 7
    Try checking some of the different translucent blend mode shading options. Things like "inherit dynamic shadows" or something.
  • underfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    underfox polycounter lvl 7
    well thank you for the fast answer HAWK12HT it didn't completly solved my probleme but at least it teached me something that helped me hding it a bit.

So for now what i did was changing the lightning model to " MLM_unlit " ( leaving the transluscent blend mode ) and linked my diffuse to the " emissive " slot. my decal doesn't react to shadow or light but at least it isn't " brigh " anymore.

thanks again .
    Xendance wrote: »
    Try checking some of the different translucent blend mode shading options. Things like "inherit dynamic shadows" or something.

perfect. many thanks, combined with the other effect it works like a charm now.

thanks both of you.

yet i have another question hehe, sorry if it has been answered countless time but i feel like abusing of your knowledges , do you know if there is a way to choose witch decals material stay on top of the others? because my leafs decal material are hidding by my durt decals ( and i want it to be the countrary.

last thing i ask promise :P

EDIT: probleme solved, i selected my decal on the ground and changed it's " depth bias " to 0, so that way it stand behnd any other decals placed on top of it.
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
    nah thanks to you man :D, as i am working on a level too and decals will be my next move so atleast i dont have to make a new thread :D