Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: disanski

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
disanski polycounter lvl 14
Hello guys,

So I started drawing :) and ........seems to be a lot harder than I expected. I am starting this sketchbook in order to keep track of my progress. Started with some Loomis with pencil and real paper :) and then moved to my tablet. I know there isn't much anybody can help me right now, and only practice might take me to better results, but I would appreciate any critiques anybody might have for me :) So here is my start :

IMG_0001.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
35-ru.jpg
35-ru2.jpg

Replies

• disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well this next one took me a bit more time even if it probably does not look much better:
    35ru3.jpg
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Gotta start somewhere with drawing!
    But it looks like you're really trying to pick up as much as you can, so just keep practicing, and over time you will definitely see an improvement. What's most important is that you just keep at it.

So keep going, and have some fun with it! :)
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Mezz thanks for the encouragement words and for stopping by :) Yeah I am actually having a lot of fun with this as it is completely new to me. Here is the next one and this time i tried to add some values :)

95099.jpg
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A male model I am working on.
    ZBrush_2013-02-05_19-07-53.png
    ZBrush-Document4.jpg
    and this head that i was learning how to work with alpha hair- :) probably going to have to redo it all. This is in cryengine.
    ScreenShot0009.jpg
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Since you asked for crits on anatomy in the what are you working on thread...

Overall very good anatomy!

Some crits…
    -Hands look a little big if you size them up to the head.
    -Head possibly just a little bigger
    -upper quads to the hip insertion points need some work. Looks like you are still doing stuff there tho.
    -forarms could use some more love, can’t see the tri’s very well, but they look a little low. Bicep should have a gap where it connects with the forarms, this will shorten the bicep a bit and make it look correct.
    -I would increase the size of the lats (under the arms). They look disproportional to the rest of his muscle development. This will also help carry threw the “V” taper because he has very wide shoulders at the moment.
    Again, good job man, hope you keep working at this!
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh this is awesome feedback man. I will try to fix those areas. I was actually having problems with the lats as they were not looking very natural at all to me..
    Thanks again for the great critiques :)
  • JoshVanZuylen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshVanZuylen polycounter lvl 5
    Perhaps giving your femail drawing more organs. she kinda looks starved.
    besieds that you are doing a great job!
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Josh.
    I worked some more on this here based on some of the critiques I got. I tried to improve the forearms and where the biceps dives into them also scaled downthe hands with 10% or so, Worked some more on the lats and on the part where the quads originate and how the leg transitions into the upper body. I might have to stop now as I have to get to the low poly and baking :)
    male%20anatomy.jpg
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some shots from Cryengine, working on setting up a scene that I could use to display my low poly characters.
    male%20character%20360.jpg
    1.jpg
  • MontyH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This model, from what I can tell, is accurate regarding proportion and would be a great mesh to rework for any project. Nowadays as much as code is reused an example such as this is a perfect example for modeling. Incredible job!
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks MontyH. I still have a loto to learn so I am trying to start from fresh block out mesh for now.
    I tweaked the lights and textures a bit more and those are the final shots i prepare for my portfolio:
    front.jpg
    3_sides.jpg
    textures.jpg
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One more sketch from me today I was actually planning to do few of those but this one took way too long :) I am doing those so I can understand form better and improve my "artistic vision" but I cant stop feeling like I wasting my time and i should just get back to 3d :) And the next moment I realize I should not expect any results considering I am just starting with this :) Any way image :)
    2013-07-01-16.26.02.jpg