Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Toyota Tundra WIP

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Samfisher84 polycounter lvl 9
Started working on this car. The goal is to do exterior and interior and make it animatable :)

Toyota-Tundra-1.jpg

tundra.jpg

Made like one poorly made car before, so this can only be better than that one. Any crits tips or what ever is welcomed!

Replies

• praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Unfortunately, I think some of the hard edges you're modeling are not actually part of the truck but reflections on the siding. They look like some type of racing stripe or hard edge, but are reflecting the lining in the parking lot.
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I think some of the hard edges you're modeling are not actually part of the truck but reflections on the siding. They look like some type of racing stripe or hard edge, but are reflecting the lining in the parking lot.

aww crap, now that you said it, the lower one dont look like it exist. The upper one on the side going over the doors seems to me like its an edge maybe too hard atm but. Looked at some more refs and theres no line there just kind of rounded shape too it. Thanks man!
  • chazzur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with praetus. To get a better since of the side of the truck try using the outline of the rear door. If you follow that down you can see the side of the truck is much smoother than your image.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    You REALLY need to look at a lot more reference if you're missing this kind of essential thing...
  • SnaFuBAR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The bone line starts inline with the corner of the headlamp and softens as it moves up to the c-pillar. Moving from the a-pillar to the area where the upper corner of the headlamp meets the grill, you get a tightening bone line. The area on the lower part of the door is much softer. The body has section lines that can easily be read between the cab and bed, and the cut line of the door. If you compare it to yours, you can see the shape is very off.

Spend a lot more time observing the surface changes, even drawing over them in photoshop, before you set out to create a shape you don't understand.
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    good advice, ill do so before i move on and might save me some extra work! thanks
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One more thing, whats the better way to modell a car, like a solid mesh or do the sections one by one and put them toghter later?