Home General Discussion

Tattoos and perceptions

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
Come on I know some of you PC'rs are Inked, give me some input.

Now first of all im 17, I've been drawing and doing everything artistic for god knows how long, and im REALLY contemplating starting a full sleeve tattoo (only one). Of course im not doing it to be a douchebag or look badass. Im not going to just walk in and say WOW THAT DRAGON LOOKS COOL PUT IT RIGHT HERE UNDER THAT TRIBAL TATTOO ....

I really want to create/design my own tattoo 100% myself, inspired by artists and sculptors like Da Vinci and Michelangelo and MC Escher and favorite works of art, which means no demon wings, no stupid skulls etc. In between I may do little fillers like tentacles and Ivy to allow proper tapering to my wrist so it doesn't end as a straight line.

I am choosing to do my right arm since it faces away from the window in cars so it will fade slower, and I wont be doing color because they're more expensive and fade noticeably quicker from what ive heard.

Now I have a few questions... because I know the game industry isn't regulated in self expression and exposure is common. (Im not getting a tattoo with expectations of getting an industry job, but I already work at a local graphic studio and am moving to another that i've already been accepted to in 2-3 months)

I don't want to be perceived as a badass or anything, but being the same as everyone else isn't very fun either. I don't have long hair, no piercings, Im not a metal head, I havent served any time lol. Id prefer to be perceived as someone artistic rather than some satan worshiping druggy with pentagrams and demonheads and flames everywhere.

So:

If its only a sleeve (no neck etc) what kind of job limitations did you first notice? (outside of the industry)

Was it hard to keep it covered?

Arm hair. I do not have much facial hair yet, but how can possible dark arm hair interfere with a tattoo? Shave it? Should I wait to see if it thickens or should I already know by now?

How did your interactions with people change?

Do you regret it, and WHY.

Whats the best way to do this over time? Get tattoos one at a time slowly down my arm, or measure out my arm and design the entire sleeve at once?

Will it be done in one entire sit session, if not, how can I be assured the design will line back up where we left off?

Hopefully my post shows im not just getting a tattoo to 'get one' and look cool, and i've put alot of thought into this, but id love some input.

Thanks!

Replies

• low odor
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    only Satan worshiping druggys get tattoos...you probably shouldn't get one or we might mistaken you for one of us
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    Oops just realized how offensively I worded that. I simply jumped to conclusions of an ignorant bystander :P, as you can see I was going through extremes.

And im sure you don't walk around with tattoos of pentagrams, demons, and flames everywhere, do you? Thats where other people get the whole satanic idea
  • low odor
    Offline / Send Message
    "And im sure you don't walk around with tattoos of pentagrams, demons, and flames everywhere, do you?"

I tried, but got arrested for letting my wiener hang out
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    As long as they're awesome, I don't see the issue?

I mean if you have demonic signs, with lusty naked ladies grinding a dead baby who umbelical cord is killing people and eating kittens, I say you're in the safe.
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    Cops could never appreciate the underlying art that is the tattooed penis tank... poor low odor.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor wrote: »
    "And im sure you don't walk around with tattoos of pentagrams, demons, and flames everywhere, do you?"

I tried, but got arrested for letting my wiener hang out
    .... So you do? Why? I don't understand the point of getting a tattoo without it meaning something at least.
    Hugh wrote: »
    that is the most misconstrued perspective I have ever seen. An the way you think about tattoos especially on artist getting art jobs is completely messed up. Depends on where its at the subject and the individual. Plus if your getting one place it so its not difficult to conceal.

Was this directed at me or him? I know its common for artists to have tattoos, because the environment isn't that of a washington DC law firm office, or somewhere were you're potentially representing something (ie bestbuy, waiter, etc)
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    As long as they're awesome, I don't see the issue?

I mean if you have demonic signs, with lusty naked ladies grinding a dead baby who umbelical cord is killing people and eating kittens, I say you're in the safe.

Ahah, I guess I just don't have the mindset that a tattoo is a tshirt

I mean in all honesty what you get really doesn't matter. A sleeve usually looks the same. But I don't want to be in a situation where I have to explain my reasoning lol
  • low odor
    Offline / Send Message
    in all seriousness..Tattoos should be a personal thing..not a way to adjust other peoples perceptions of you...but what do I know..do what thou will...and hell if your only reasoning is..because it looks cool..do it..why not..you can always get it removed if you dont like it later in life
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor wrote: »
    in all seriousness..Tattoos should be a personal thing..not a way to adjust other peoples perceptions of you...but what do I know..do what thou will

Well thats what I was saying. I wanted to do it not to be perceived different, I was just asking if you noticed any change in interaction once you got one?

@ your edited part, isnt tattoo removal extremely painful and a long process? And sure you could do it to look cool but I see no real point in just picking a bunch of cool things and throwing them on your body. You couldn't explain them. It looks like you got it just to get it :\
  • Skillmister
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    I think this is one industry where it wouldn't matter in the slightest. I'm planning to get one as soon as i have the cash and have thought up a decent idea. Got a few friends who can draw amazingly that i'm sure will help me out and put my idea onto paper.

I do know some friends working in supermarkets etc that are meant to wear long sleeved shirts to cover them, but others that are allowed to have them on show in clothes shops. At the end of the day it's probably more down to how you carry yourself in the rest of your person, your attitude etc
  • low odor
    Offline / Send Message
    nah..not really...lots of people have tattoos these days...you may run into a few stiffs here and there...but who give a fug what they think anyway
  • ericdigital
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    I have a sleeve and I've never had an issue in any game job, and it generally becomes a fun topic of conversation. However I've had to cover it in odd office jobs and shitty retail jobs when I was first out of school.

I very rarely have had any negative situations with people but I've always lived in pretty modern cities (ny,austin,miami). I'm not sure where you live, the way you describe the misconception of tattoos makes it sound like you're in some kind of crazy religious or right winged community. In the places I've lived and the people I surround myself with always just seem to connect tattoos with artsy and creative people, not devil worshipers.

As for the length of getting a tattoo done. The outline is done all in one sitting, and the shading/coloring can generally be done over the course of a few sessions at a few hours at a time.
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    do you really care about the opinions of people who treat you differently for having a tattoo? Quality people won't give a shit

yeah, some people will judge you for it, but there will always be people judging you for how you look. If having the tattoo means something to you, and you're not trying to get a job as a server in salt lake city, I wouldn't sweat the perception aspect of it.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Low odor, that is true. It is 2012... not the 90s.

@Skillmister, thats a good point. I know businesses are becoming a bit more lenient on tattoos and maybe some piercings over time. But I think my overall attitude will be fine lol, I wont have any brass knuckle necklaces or teardrop tats.
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    frell wrote: »
    ...because they're more expensive...

If your tattoo is cheap you're doing something wrong!
  • Pedro Amorim
    You want to be perceived as an artist... just make art.
    Simple as that.
    I mean, who cares what other people think.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg wrote: »
    do you really care about the opinions of people who treat you differently for having a tattoo? Quality people won't give a shit

yeah, some people will judge you for it, but there will always be people judging you for how you look. If having the tattoo means something to you, and you're not trying to get a job as a server in salt lake city, I wouldn't sweat the perception aspect of it.

Thanks
    I have a sleeve and I've never had an issue in any game job, and it generally becomes a fun topic of conversation. However I've had to cover it in odd office jobs and shitty retail jobs when I was first out of school.

I very rarely have had any negative situations with people but I've always lived in pretty modern cities (ny,austin,miami). I'm not sure where you live, the way you describe the misconception of tattoos makes it sound like you're in some kind of crazy religious or right winged community. In the places I've lived and the people I surround myself with always just seem to connect tattoos with artsy and creative people, not devil worshipers.

As for the length of getting a tattoo done. The outline is done all in one sitting, and the shading/coloring can generally be done over the course of a few sessions at a few hours at a time.

Great info, thanks. I have lived in Virginia, Florida, and South Carolina, and if we drive near certain "areas" of the county i've seen people like this

tatted-up-so-add-it-up-e1271986866662.jpg

More than ive seen people like this:
    cc.jpg

You want to be perceived as an artist... just make art.
    Simple as that.
    I mean, who cares what other people think.

Great point also. In the end attitude and presentation says more about you than a few tattoos.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Do you preface every post with your age, frell?

Anyway... a lot of people still have some old-fashioned notions about things like tattoos, but there are less and less of them every day. A LOT of people have tattoos, and it's not really something that should effect people's perceptions of you in any extremely negative way, unless your tattoo is vulgar or bad.

I would never get a tattoo, though. two reasons:
    I would want to design it myself
    I'm my own harshest critic.. anything I make I hate a few days later.

But if you can design a tattoo that you think you will still like for the rest of your life, go for it.
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Ok I actually have quite a few myself, one on the hand, another on the neck and planning to get both arms covered, so not exactly easy to conceal unless I wear gloves and a turtleneck to an interview, (how cool would that look :D)

I would definitely say people look at you differently if you're inked, its only natural since there seems to be a stigma around bodyart that implies negativity... or at least that's what I've learned through talking to people, (some actually think its cool too though.) Obviously its a life long commitment so its good that you're asking for other's opinions.

When I did QA at Sega, after people got to know me better they would say stuff like "You're a nice guy, but when I first met you I was a little intimidated" which I found pretty comical as I'm the last person to get confrontational with anyone!

Having said that, when I was at Escape a couple of years back there were quite a few inked up people, one guy had a sleeve done similar to what you described and people just commented saying that he looked more like the 'arty' type, rather than looking like a criminal XD

So to conclude... people may comment but the way I see it we're in an industry where it is ok to be inked, as long as you bust your ass at what you do and you're sick at your craft, nobody can say anything :D I say if you really have your mind set on it just go for it, you only live once!
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    @Shiniku? I feel its necessary sometimes... considering the only other thread I did it on was a college thread lol. Thanks for the info also. I plan to keep the design as my desktop wallpaper for a while to see if I ever get sick of it lol.

@Torch Great read, thanks man! YOLO, but I prefer LLL (livin like larry) Yolo is for FB hipsters.
  • Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Huge difference between gang tats and artistic based tats...

I have two. One on my forearm and one on my upper right arm of a dragon I got done when I was in Singapore while in the Navy...

Both are my own designs and both times I did not allow the shop to keep the sketches...

I'm working on a sleeve design now to get started later this year. It's changed so many times though so it's just about deciding on what I want...
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse, will shops really try and keep your design without your permission?
  • scotthomer
    Im with Pedro, ive got a fair amount of tattoos/piercings etc and I've never had any issues with work. As long as you're clean, polite and good at your job then what does it matter?

Everyone that I work with (including Pedro) usually takes at least some interest in what work ive had done at that time. I honestly wouldn't want to work anywhere that you are judged on how you look and not the merits of your abilities/talent, fortunately Crytek are very liberal and ive never felt any discomfort based on that kind of thing.

*Ive got some pretty gruesome shit too:
    spoton.jpg
    Ive made my peace with the fact that Ill never be a school teacher.
  • ericdigital
    Offline / Send Message
    Would be interested to hear other people's experience on designing their own.

For me, I had designed and drew out the sleeve and found a tattoo artist that I thought was a really cool guy/artist. We talked about it for a while and I explained the style I was trying to go for and all that and then he made some changes to help strengthen the style and design overall for tattoo form. It ended up being a really rewarding collaboration.

I would imagine some people would prefer having exactly what they designed but I enjoyed the experience and trusted him since he obviously knew what worked better as a tattoo, and the major cornerstones of the style. Had it for 5 years or so now and love it every day.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    @ scott Hahah thats really cool, did you design/draw that or what?

@eric, did you design the entire thing and how did you give it to him to transfer?
  • ericdigital
    Offline / Send Message
    yea I had drawn the design out on a large sheet and brought it to him and then once he redrew it to be the proper size and everything he went ahead and made the water more traditional (my tattoo is the classic asian style) as well as made the lion on it standing instead of sitting, and added a few other elements to help it pop and work on my arm a lot better. Then he called me in and showed me the final drawing for it and it went from there!
  • Gav
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    I could never live with the idea of designing my own:

1)I'm not a huge fan of my own art, especially not to the point of wanting it on my body. I can be way more critical of my own work more than someones.

2) They are are trained professionals in this medium and craft. They know way more about the subject and what will work that I ever would.

To answer the questions:

If its only a sleeve (no neck etc) what kind of job limitations did you first notice?

-I have 2 full sleeves, 8 knuckles and a leg sleeve and have never been restricted to what job I can get in the industry. I dress up nice when I go to the border and have probably screwed myself out of ever working with the public.

Was it hard to keep it covered?
    -I have no need to cover mine up with my job but, excluding my knuckles, if i were to wear a long sleeve shirt it wouldn't e a problem. Kat Von D (gross.) actually have a line of tattoo cover up makeup through Sephora...i believe.

Arm hair. I do not have much facial hair yet, but how can possible dark arm hair interfere with a tattoo? Shave it? Should I wait to see if it thickens or should I already know by now?

-I shave both of my arms regularly.

How did your interactions with people change?

-They didn't. I get asked about my tattoos A LOT by strangers. That's basically the only difference.

Do you regret it, and WHY.

-My only regret is taking up space that I can never cover again. Sometimes I wish I had something better on my knuckles...but that's only in rare moments. I wouldn't necessarily call it a 'regret'

Whats the best way to do this over time? Get tattoos one at a time slowly down my arm, or measure out my arm and design the entire sleeve at once?

-For all of my pieces I had a larger stencil made up, from there they split it up and placed it on my arm so that it fit naturally. The first sitting was the outline, then bolding, then multiple sits to get the colour filled in chunk by chunk...generally focusing on one area at a time.

Will it be done in one entire sit session, if not, how can I be assured the design will line back up where we left off?

-To get a full sleeve done in one sit you would need to be resistant to discomfort, your tattoo artist would need to have the strongest back in the world, the shop would need to be open for like...12+ hours...and/or you would be willing to drop tons of cash all in one sitting. Each of my sleeves probably took about 6 sittings of 2 - 4 hours each.

Gav
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Just to add to that, the only way arm hair (if the hair was pretty thick) would be a problem is if you got something like a dragon or tiger, since it would look like they were caught in a thicket :D Apart from that I think you're ok.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    yea I had drawn the design out on a large sheet and brought it to him and then once he redrew it to be the proper size and everything he went ahead and made the water more traditional (my tattoo is the classic asian style) as well as made the lion on it standing instead of sitting, and added a few other elements to help it pop and work on my arm a lot better. Then he called me in and showed me the final drawing for it and it went from there!
    Do you have to pay for all that collab or is it generally the same total cost?

Great info Gav. Did you get the sleeves before you went into the industry? Or at least start them? How much did a single sleeve usually cost total? I understand its expensive but im curious, this isn't something id try and get done crappier for cheaper lol.
  • WarrenM
    No game studio worth working at is going to care. If you're in games, don't worry about it.

If you feel that you'll get a different job later in life, just get something you can cover up easily with a long sleeved shirt or whatever. In other words, don't get the facial spider web if you want to go into banking eventually.
  • Gav
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    My cost averages around 150 an hour. Towards the end, as i worked with the same artist, I started going after hours. Basically, drinking while getting tattooed at midnight..at a reduced cost. for the initial sketches and everything, any reputable shop does that as part of a down payment (which for me has been around 100 bucks) - in case you flake out, it insures their time. Rather than have a sketch for him to finish - I just gathered a bunch of photo reference....pretty much like how a client would handle one of us

I got all of my tattoos while already in the industry..but honestly man, no studio will care. Unless you have a giant cock n balls tattooed on your face. but even then...
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    It's pretty accepted in the US - internationally you'll have some issues. My brother went to Italy and he was treated really poorly because of his tattoos - I believe they just associate it with being dirty.

My only warning is, don't go hog wild with tattoos at 17, in your mid twenties you'll probably be a very different person. I got a half sleeve on my arm of weird tentacles and eyeballs when I was 23 - I'm 30 now and wish I went with a Traditional art style.

I guess I should pimp my brother's shop - Crawling Panther Tattoo.
  • ericdigital
    Offline / Send Message
    Exactly what Gav said, like a 100 bucks for a down payment :)
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav wrote: »
    My cost averages around 150 an hour. Towards the end, as i worked with the same artist, I started going after hours. Basically, drinking while getting tattooed at midnight..at a reduced cost. for the initial sketches and everything, any reputable shop does that as part of a down payment (which for me has been around 100 bucks) - in case you flake out, it insures their time. Rather than have a sketch for him to finish - I just gathered a bunch of photo reference....pretty much like how a client would handle one of us

I got all of my tattoos while already in the industry..but honestly man, no studio will care. Unless you have a giant cock n balls tattooed on your face. but even then...
    im more concerned about jobs leading up to the industry lol

Yea justin, ive heared theyre not super hot in Japan from some Japan VLogers
  • Bigjohn
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    I have a tattoo that I designed myself, I gotta say it's kindof a bad idea. I keep noticing the errors in it, it's a bit annoying. Overall still positive though. Not like I regret it.

My tattoos are in places that are hidden enough so that if I wear like a t-shirt, it doesn't look like I have any. Only if I wore like a wifebeater or something they would show. So I never got any weird treatment from other people. Actually, funny enough, I get it the other way around. Where some people would assume I have them, but then they'll say it's weird that I don't. Or some people find out that I do, but then because they're not visible that makes them wonder. That's just cause our industry is cool like that.

But yeah, overall I haven't "suffered" for it or anything. Most people are cool with tattoos these days.

Also, I have to warn against getting someone else's famous art piece tattood. I have that too. What I mean is if you like Giger, so you get Li tattood on your stomach or something. It gets cheesy real fast, so you should make sure it's a piece you're totally inlove with for a reason other than "It's badass". Cause chances are you only think it's badass at the time you get it. Stuff gets old.

The best would be an idea that you want to express, and let another person do the art for it. Could be the tattoo artist, or even a friend you trust (with the design, you still want to get a pro to actually tattoo it).
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I think anyone should collaborate with the tattoo artist heavily with the design, they know more of what they are doing and what works on skin more than you do. Go in knowing 80% of what you want.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    Also, I have to warn against getting someone else's famous art piece tattood. I have that too. What I mean is if you like Giger, so you get Li tattood on your stomach or something. It gets cheesy real fast, so you should make sure it's a piece you're totally inlove with for a reason other than "It's badass". Cause chances are you only think it's badass at the time you get it. Stuff gets old.

I wouldn't blatantly be putting pieces on my arm, maybe just da vinci's naked proportion man as a good center piece on my arm to let it all go downwards from lol Im sure ill change my mind once I actually draw it up and see it though
  • RexM
    I have one on my upper arm, T-shirts cover it so nobody is the wiser unless I show it to them.

It's an original piece I drew as well. It's funny, most of the time I completely forget I have it.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    That reminds me, is adding on possible if I choose to start with an upper arm/quarter sleeve tattoo?
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    but being the same as everyone else isn't very fun either.

Might not wanna get a tattoo then.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas wrote: »
    Might not wanna get a tattoo then.
    Stay out of my threads please, thanks.
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    old-lady-with-naughty-ooooooh-look-200x300.jpg

Bitchy 17 year old shocker!

It's just advice kid. Like Justin said, wait till you at least move out of yo mommas house before making these big life decisions. That's basically what I'm saying. Once you get out in the world and see every second person with faded blurred ink on them, you might regret it. Not that I got anything against the art of tattooing of course, some sweet stuff out there. No need to throw a strop cause you got told off for starting the 100th 'should I go to college?' thread. Enjoy your thread, it really ain't that interesting. Ciao.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    I wasn't told off for starting that thread, it has a shit ton of useful information in it, and if polycount was tired of the amount of those being posted they could sticky a list of them. But guess what, graduation time = more threads.

And its not like im going to run out and get the tattoo tomorrow or anything. I said considering, not hurry up and post now I have 12 hours to change my mind.

And no im not bitchy. I just wonder why you continue to post and troll my threads. Or everyones threads for that matter. You only post in general discussion anyway.
  • RexM
    Agreed. Andreas, you are disgustingly immature.

That reminds me, is adding on possible if I choose to start with an upper arm/quarter sleeve tattoo?

Most definitely. You usually have to wait until one part completely heals to safely have stuff added later though.
  • Pedro Amorim
    scotthomer wrote: »
    Im with Pedro, ive got a fair amount of tattoos/piercings etc and I've never had any issues with work. As long as you're clean, polite and good at your job then what does it matter?

Everyone that I work with (including Pedro) usually takes at least some interest in what work ive had done at that time. I honestly wouldn't want to work anywhere that you are judged on how you look and not the merits of your abilities/talent, fortunately Crytek are very liberal and ive never felt any discomfort based on that kind of thing.

*Ive got some pretty gruesome shit too:
    spoton.jpg
    Ive made my peace with the fact that Ill never be a school teacher.

lolololo teacherrrrrr
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Outside of the industry, you'll likely have to cover up the tats to some extent, especially if they're of a wonky nature.

In the industry? Sheeeeit, anything goes :)
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    Move to Newzealand lol every one here has tattoos of stupid shit that makes no sense. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not go to a shitty tattoo artist all of my friends get portiats and if theres one thing i have learnt its that alot of tattoo artists think there better artists than every one seriously once they learn how to use the tattoo gun they stop studying art and just ride off facebook comments that say "OMG THAT PORTRIAT WHERE JESUS LOOKS LIKE HES HAVING AN ORGASM IS AMAZING" if tattoo artists had a look at concept artists in the games/film industry they would start to feel pretty shit. Im actually scared to get tattoos based on how bad the level of art is in NewZealand tattoo artists. And also the age thing is a bit weird lol some of my mates had full sleeves by the time they were 16 age isnt a big deal (maby it is in countrys where they care about things)

EDIT: just to enforce my point

420531_3368899386472_1333018357_n.jpg

575965_3852044224791_1621667674_n.jpg
  • SnakeDoctor
    Offline / Send Message
    SnakeDoctor keyframe
    Thanks

Great info, thanks. I have lived in Virginia, Florida, and South Carolina, and if we drive near certain "areas" of the county i've seen people like this

tatted-up-so-add-it-up-e1271986866662.jpg

Do the teardrops mean he is a cry-baby?

I personally think tattoos are a very personal thing. I got my first one a few years ago and really want to get a half sleeve once funds come in.

As for my tattoo I wouldn't care if anyone liked it, its important to me and all that matters.

christat.jpg
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    i have a bunch of dumb tattoos, including a tramp stamp i got for free and one on my head i got on a whim. who gives a fuck what other people interpret them as.

they don't really have any deep personal meaning... in fact, i always snicker to myself when someone shows me their coy fish and how it represents the love they have for chicken wings or whatever bit of sentiment they've attached.

for me, it's just art. you get no prize for dying with clean skin. have fun with your body :poly121:
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    Sectaurs wrote: »
    i have a bunch of dumb tattoos, including a tramp stamp i got for free and one on my head i got on a whim. who gives a fuck what other people interpret them as.

they don't really have any deep personal meaning... in fact, i always snicker to myself when someone shows me their coy fish and how it represents the love they have for chicken wings or whatever bit of sentiment they've attached.

for me, it's just art. you get no prize for dying with clean skin. have fun with your body :poly121:

Still though like even if i got a dick tattooed on my forehead, i would want it to be a good dick...
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    side note: parlors in boston refuse to tattoo my junk :(

more on topic; old people are now scared of me.