Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Personal portfolio Pimpage

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
So I am revamping my portfolio and the first thing I wanted to improve upon is my portfolio and to have something a little more professional. So this is what I've come up with so far, I will be improving the graphics over time such as making a personal logo as a header, most importantly i just wanted to upgrade my portfolio as a start.

Anyways here you go..

http://joneill3dartist.carbonmade.com/

The weakest part of the portfolio is my personal work section which i feels lacks more up to date work so next I plan on finishing some work in progresses i have started in the past, continue working on my Journey Down environment and keep adding new work every chance i can.

Cheers

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the UT2007 stuff, it's probably my favorite of your stuff.

The fire shrine is great, but the forced banner is a bit of a let down.

I'm not so sure the Spec Ops gallery should be live just yet.

You might want to drop the characters in your personal section, while the sackboy is pretty cool I'm not sold on the tiki guy...

I like the Watchmen/G-Can sewer level that is really well done, it would have been nice to see wires or texture sheets to have some insight into how it was built.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    I love the UT2007 stuff, it's probably my favorite of your stuff.

The fire shrine is great, but the forced banner is a bit of a let down.

I'm not so sure the Spec Ops gallery should be live just yet.

You might want to drop the characters in your personal section, while the sackboy is pretty cool I'm not sold on the tiki guy...

I like the Watchmen/G-Can sewer level that is really well done, it would have been nice to see wires or texture sheets to have some insight into how it was built.

Thanks alot, working on UT2007 was a huge challenge to work on but i am happy with the result.

Ill probably redo the Forced banner,take out the models perhaps and just leave the logo.

As for the Personal I think ill drop the wiki next, im working on something else,its going to be this....

e2739909.jpg.650x650_q85.jpg

..the concept artist has given me permission and once i have more to show ill post it on PC.

..The Watchmen stuff i was prticularly proud of, the sewer level was my baby,while i have textures and some renders sadly wires i have not, the company who made it,Deadline games suddenly shut doors one day and i was unprepared and i had to wipe my IPod to get what i could of my work there and sadly the rest i had to leave...

...as for spec ops perhaps its too early to have it and i should throw it on the site once i can use the work...

...thanks alot for the feed back
  • Fraeger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fraeger polycounter lvl 8
    Great stuff, man! Its nice to see you are still alive :)

Hope to work someday with you again :)

Johannes (from Yager)
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Fraeger wrote: »
    Great stuff, man! Its nice to see you are still alive :)

Hope to work someday with you again :)

Johannes (from Yager)

Thanks alot Johannes, I am alive and kicking :) It sure would be fun to work together agin, especially if it was in Berlin, i really miss living there. I never realised how much i missed the city until i actually moved.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    I have made a few improvements, i redid the Forced banner and i killed the tikiman for the time being.

What inm wondering is how much is too much work to put up? I have alot of tile able textures that i haven't put up for the Forced project and every one of the projects i have work that i have not shown.

Im also considering trying my hand at freelance,could some of you perhaps provide some feedback into what my portfolio needs to show that i have the versatility to work as a freelancer?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Ok wtf is up with these post bots?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Giving my own thread a bit of a bump,just to get a few more opinions.

On one of my previous projects i have more work i haven't not posted on my website, would it be overkill to post all the work i have or restrict what i post to the strongest?
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    i find the frame thing on watchmen screens a bit distracting. it's too big and it doesn't fit colors and mood of level.

also, i'd place UT2007 thumbnail higher, definitely above the personal stuff. it's the most known title out of ones you worked on and quality of those assets is also very high.

btw, didn't UT2007 change name to UT3 in the end?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Blaisoid wrote: »
    i find the frame thing on watchmen screens a bit distracting. it's too big and it doesn't fit colors and mood of level.

also, i'd place UT2007 thumbnail higher, definitely above the personal stuff. it's the most known title out of ones you worked on and quality of those assets is also very high.

btw, didn't UT2007 change name to UT3 in the end?

Ah damn,good find,i had forgotten about the name change,thank you.

As for the watchmen frames perhaps they are,i wanted to use the colors associated with the game and the comics.

My personal section im going to be beefing up soon,i have tons of work i never quite finished and im going to start finishing some and putting them up.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Bummping this thread again,would like some feedback on the logo i made and some feedback to prior unanswered questions.