Home Full time/Part time work

Sucker Punch Productions - Senior Environment Texture Artist

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
Hey everyone, the studio gave me the honor of officially posting this job on the forums, however I am neither HR nor a lead so please do not send me your applications / resumes directly.

I would be more than happy to forward any specific questions about this position to my leads and get back to you in this thread.

Please visit our website to apply for this position: http://www.suckerpunch.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=91

Senior Environment Texture Artist

Sucker Punch Productions is looking for a Senior Environment Texture artist with a minimum 2+ years of experience and a comprehensive understanding of advanced run-time rendering technologies. We have a dynamic, creative and friendly atmosphere at our studio where you can have a big impact on a project as an individual and as part of the team. Come join us at our Seattle/Bellevue studio & don't forget your snowboard, rain jacket and mountain bike so you can explore the beautiful Pacific Northwest

Responsibilities:

* Create diffuse color maps, specular maps, gloss maps, normal maps, and height maps.
* Map textures onto 3D models and surfaces.
* Create advanced or simple material shaders as needed.
* Communicate and work with rendering programming team to help with development of material shaders and establishing support needs.
* Follow established art direction and style through use of concepts and critiques.
* Work with modelers and design to create game environment.
* Finishing out levels or areas of the environment, detail and polish work.
* Help with refining production pipeline by providing feedback and ideas for tools through communications with tools programming.

Qualifications and Skills

* A minimum of 2 years experience in video game production with comprehensive understanding of advanced run-time rendering technology.
* Ability to work with minimal direction and desire to take on responsibilities within team-based work environment.
* Must have general knowledge of physical based lighting and rendering.
* Skilled at texturing surfaces and use of materials on variety of game assets
* Must be able to work with and interpret concept art to achieve detail; be able to research or track down real-world reference when needed.
* Traditional drawing, painting, photography or sculpture skills a plus.
* Excellent Photoshop and Maya skills. Experience with ZBrush a plus.
* Highly developed eye for color and detail
* Problem solver with ability to learn new technologies and software on-the-fly.

Portfolio and other Requirements

* A portfolio review is required. We prefer web-based submissions, but will evaluate DVDs if necessary.
* Applicants should expect to take a test.
* Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area.

Replies