Home Technical Talk

Doing some nCloth, have a question

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Ravenok polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone,

I'm doing an nCloth simulation for a small object in a short I'm working on.
It's an apron on a character, coming down from the waist to half way toward the knees.

I'm using nCloth and I'm trying to get it to feel like a small piece of cloth, with little success.
I took down the space scale on the nucleus node, and I started witha T-Shirt preset.

My biggest problem is that when the simulation starts and gravity kicks in, the cloth stretches immediately. I can't let this stretch occur in my animation, since all animations start at frame #1.

I can live with some slight unnatural cloth movements, but this stretching can really ruin a scene...

So bottom line is,
How can I make the cloth start calculating before frame 0?
Or remove this stretching altogether?

I managed to get it to start calculating from earlier frames.
Though I never did any simulated animation so I don't know if/how I can start the render after the simulation's been done.

Another thing, probably more important:
I can't seem to implement the simulation into the rig.
Whenever I open animation files, the nCloth object is placed somewhere in the scene away from the character, and it doesn't work - just stays there, stuck. All nCloth related nodes are just useless...

Without a solution I'll have to add the cloth to all files separately, so it's really great if implementing it to the rig is possible somehow...