Home General Discussion

Asus Pro Art Series

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
Over the past few weeks my Samsung monitor has slowly but surely being dying a painful horrible death and finally this morning he passed away *sniff sniff*. Anticipating this I had one lined up to buy and thought it would be worth sharing. I'm unsure how many people are aware but ASUS has a Pro Art series of monitors which are specifically calibrated for colour accuracy, they also double up as pretty good gaming monitors also.

The reviews of them are so good I just couldn't help but feel compeled to share! Although I can't take credit as I myself was recommended them by a co worker. So if your building a new PC and just feel like treating yourself. Take a look!

They come in two models depending on your budget £200 and £400, also both panels are IPS the same tech they use for iphone and ipad displays :D

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-PA238Q-Widescreen-1080p-Monitor/dp/B005HIRG52/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1339243325&sr=1-1"]Asus PA238Q 23 inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED Monitor with HDMI: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/PA246Q-24-1-inch-Proart-P-IPS-Monitor/dp/B004OXRUZC/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1339244493&sr=1-1"]ASUS PA246Q 24.1-inch Proart P-IPS LCD Monitor - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

Hope it helps others as much as its helped me!

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Man, this is so awesome, just a few days ago I saw a couple of 'stock' monitors which went for 250+ bucks, makes me wonder how ASUS is able to keep things reasonable prices while still throwing in some awesome stuff.
  • nick2730
    ive had my 23 asus for 3 years now and i love the damn thing. Bought it for like 1xx bucks
  • Mathew O
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    Oh, i was actually planning on replacing my 24 inch screen soon as it's a plasma and has loads of screen burn now so thanks for sharing :D
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Asus kinda came out of nowhere to be a badass hardware manufacturer for gamers and artists.
  • Bigjohn
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Wow that's pretty impressive. So why is the price difference so major between the two types? On Amazon it's listed as $472 and $279, a $193 difference for just one inch? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Cause otherwise the 23" one goes on my buy-list.
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    Wow that's pretty impressive. So why is the price difference so major between the two types? On Amazon it's listed as $472 and $279, a $193 difference for just one inch? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Cause otherwise the 23" one goes on my buy-list.
    Around the Technical details, you will see that the 24 packs a more of a punch in terms of ergonomic display (doesn't have the giraffe neck thing going on), has several extra connection hubs and is heavier + needs more energy.

So I'm guessing it's performing more magic then the other one.