Home General Discussion

Hawken clip

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
meshiah polycounter lvl 17
cool little clip from the hawken short being made for us. thought you guys might get a kick out of the tech the director is using. the low poly mechs and some environments/fx are just rendered strait out of udk, and comped in. and remember, its a well oiled man with idle hands that wields an axe while driving a mech that makes the world oily.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojlk4wdHr7Q"]Hawken Exclusive E3 2012 Teaser Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

stop by the hawken booth at e3 to give it a play.

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Nice, I'll be looking for the booth on tuesday. Chances I actually find it? Probably not great.
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    meshiah wrote: »
    and remember, its a well oiled man with idle hands that wields an axe while driving a mech that makes the world oily.

Soooo true
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    I demand 20 foot well oiled black men to be playable.
  • DeadlyFreeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeadlyFreeze polycounter lvl 17
    Pretty neat-o. Minus some of the wider environmental shots it's pretty hard to tell what's UDK and whats not, which is a good thing.
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    i love it, a bit low budget cinematic , but love the atmosphere. remind me the classic japanese mecha movie, Gunhed
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    That's pretty incredible that you guys were able to make such a professional looking marketing video. I always thought Hawken was being made by a rag tag (but highly skilled) indie dev team with minimal funding.

Probably because they didn't make it :P, from what I gather hawken is being published, but in a good way. The atmosphere is fantastic!
  • meshiah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meshiah polycounter lvl 17
    "I demand 20 foot well oiled black men to be playable."
    check out the new steel battalion trailer for your oiled up black man

dustinbrown, that is correct. the trailer was made by the director that did the madworld gears of war commercial a few years ago. so we didn't do the comping here, just some art touchups, sound etc.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I got to play the game today over at E3. It was awesome! The level I played gave players at lot of chances to get the drop on enemies and amazingly the game felt practically full with a mere 6 players. The feel of the movement is fantastic, and the whole game is gorgeous. I'm looking forward to seeing the other levels you guys come up with.

If I had one critique, it's that most of the weapons didn't have the same kind of "oomph" and visceral feeling to them that you'd get from a game like mechwarrior or even just your normal shooters like Quake 3 or TF2.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Nicely done. Oh by the way will you be allowing people to make their own levels for the game? part of the reason I even got into level design was because I wanted to make levels for Mech Warrior and the stupid young me thought I could use Terragen of all things :D

Many years later and now I want to FILL that urge.